There are several resources available online that can provide free statistics help. Some options include:
1. Khan Academy: This non-profit educational organization offers a variety of free statistics lessons and exercises, as well as video tutorials and practice problems.
2. Stat Trek: This website provides a variety of free statistics resources, including tutorials, calculators, and problem solvers.
3. OpenIntro: This website offers a range of free statistics textbooks and resources, including interactive tutorials and practice problems.
4. StatisticsHowTo: This website offers a variety of statistics guides, tutorials, and calculator tools.
5. Statistic Brain: This website provides a range of statistics resources, including data sets, calculators, and guides.
It’s also worth checking with your school or university to see if they offer any free tutoring services or online resources for statistics help.
Do statisticians help for free?
It’s possible that some statisticians may be willing to offer free help, particularly if they are volunteering their time or if the topic is of personal interest to them. However, it’s also important to note that statisticians are professionals who have invested a significant amount of time and resources into their education and training, and they may expect to be compensated for their expertise. If you need professional statistical consulting or guidance, it’s generally a good idea to expect to pay for these services.
There are also many free resources available online, such as those mentioned in my previous response, that may be able to provide the assistance you need. It may be helpful to start by exploring these options before considering hiring a statistician.
Why statistical help is sometimes expensive?
Statistical help can sometimes be expensive because statisticians are professionals who have invested a significant amount of time and resources into their education and training. Statisticians are experts in the field of statistics, which involves the collection, analysis, interpretation, presentation, and organization of data. They use their skills and knowledge to help individuals and organizations make informed decisions based on data.
Statisticians often work in a variety of fields, including academia, research, business, and government. They may be employed as full-time employees or may work as independent contractors, offering their services on a consulting basis. In either case, they may charge fees for their services based on their level of expertise, the complexity of the project, and the amount of time and effort required.
It’s also worth noting that statistical consulting can be a specialized and time-consuming process, and statisticians may need to devote a significant amount of time and effort to a project in order to provide the level of assistance that is needed. This can also contribute to the cost of statistical help.